Hello to all official candidates in the MISS SL 2017 Pageant,
finally we can begin with the competition and I am very excited and hope you are too. The first runway challenge is traditionally easy and for us to see, how far we can or need to push your limits within the competition. For each of the challenges you will need to do research on the particular given styling theme, on history and for the country you represent in MISS SL 2017.
In this first challenge you are asked to create a Minimal Chic Styling. Minimalist fashion is clean and it may look simple at the first glance, and for some it can seem like a fancy word for “boring, but do stop right there. Minimalist fashion is everything else, but simple or boring. Minimalism has a Monet effect, in that it might look simple, but there’s a world of things to examine upon closer inspection. From clever cuts, geometrical forms to lovely construction and carefully chosen colors, minimal fashion doesn’t give it all away immediately.
And that is the practice of this challenge. While you create your minimal chic styling, you need to use the colors, from the flag of the country, that you are representing in the MISS SL 2017 pageant. With this, we make your styling to be a bold fashion statement for your country. We want you to be bold in this first runway challenge, to shout out for the upcoming International Women’s Day, which takes place on March 8 and is celebrated world wide by women of all cultures. This year theme of the International Women`s Day is #BeBoldForChange. While you walk in our first runway challenge, we also would like to know, what you wish to change, to improve and support the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women in your country.
Please read the details below:
- Please create a minimal chic styling. You are not limited to a certain season or year, but make it minimal and yet, bold.
- For your styling you may only use the colors, that are used in your countries flags. Jewelry, hairs and nails are excluded from the color limitation.
- Formulate a statement for the International Women`s Day 2017 (#BeBoldForChange) to support the women of your country. Your statement should not be longer than 200 words.
- Please take a raw shot of your styling. The picture should be at least 512×512 large, but not larger than 1024×1024. Raw shots are usually done with a clean, unicolor background.
- Please fill the styling description form, with all the requested details. Please attach your raw shot also. Additionally you can submit a second raw shot, i.e. a close up.
- Please message Marcus Lefevre in order to receive the password, which is required to submit your styling description form.
- Your styling description must be submit and received until Friday, March 03, 12:00 p.m. SLT, latest.
- Your statement for the International Women`s Day send in a notecard to Marcus Lefevre please. Please label the notecard like this ‘MISS SL (your country name) – IWD Statement’. This notecard also must be submit and received until Friday, March 03, 12:00 p.m. SLT, latest.
The Challenge rehearsals are scheduled for Friday, March 03, 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT. It is mandatory to attend one of the both auditions.
The first runway challenge is scheduled for Saturday, March 04, 10:00 a.m. SLT and is open for public.
I do hope that you like and enjoy this challenge and do look forward to see, what you will do with this. Please be carefully not to do to less with this styling theme, but also not to overdo it. The Pinterest boards we have used for this post are random examples only, but you really need to do own research and to find an own inspiration.
Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any, in our pageant group or personally.
MISS SL Organization
Owner | Founder | Chairman
For more informations about MISS SL Organization, follow us!
- Website: http://www.missslorganization.net
- Magazine: http://magazine.missslorganization.net
- Email: [email protected]
- G+: https://plus.google.com/+MissSLOrganization/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/missslorganization
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/missslorganization
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/missslorg/
- Support: http://support.missslorganization.net
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/missslorg
- Wiply: http://wiply.net/group/3/miss-sl-organization
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/missslorganization
© February 2017 – a MISS SL Organization Press Release
Visit http://missslorganization.net/miss-sl-2017-the-first-runway-challenge-women-of-the-world/ for original news posting.